LOWTHER ALTERNATIVE TO WINDFARM SPIN – WANLOCKHEAD
(LAWS) – UPDATE
1. On the 30th January, 2016 we received the Scoping Report. This can be accessed on http://www.buccleuch.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/160122-North-Lowther-Energy-Initiative-Scoping-Report-FINAL.pdf
We will place a hard copy at the Wanlockhead Inn and one in the Community Centre.
2. As Statutory consultees, we have been asked by the Scottish Government for our input to inform the Scoping Opinion. Please note that at this stage we are ‘Informing’ and not ‘objecting’. Objecting will be at a later stage. The deadline for this is 24th February, 2016.
3. Our input will be on the EIA Environmental Impact Assessment which includes: visual changes, disturbance of soil, natural habitat, wildlife as well as the attendant noise of traffic during construction.
4. We are working on our response/input but need your help and contribution. From the advice we had, it is keenly suggested that:
“As a member of your local community you have specific local knowledge that makes your views important, views that can influence and help prevent a harmful development”.
Your feedback please on:
• Your favourite spot where you stand and enjoy a scenic view
from the village or on the hills, and from which in future you will
be looking at any number or all of the 42 Turbines.
• If you have knowledge, photos or information on birds, bats,
other wild life.
• History, for example: the Coffin Road, Covenanters Road
• Knowledge of the mines, water courses, of the land
• Anything that jumps out when you are reading the scoping report.
Your knowledge and information will be included in our response.
5. We are holding two meetings next week for those wishing to
see the Scoping Report and view the detailed maps.
MEETINGS WILL BE TAKING PLACE ON:
Thursday, 11th February, at the Wanlockhead Inn 7.30 for 8
2nd meeting Saturday, 13th February, at the Community Centre 2 pm
We look forward to seeing you at any of the above meetings. Come with your information and questions. Otherwise contact:
Isobel 74629 email email@example.com
Androulla 74435 firstname.lastname@example.org